The Isle of Wight College Hair Show has grown bigger and better. All tickets were sold for the show which this year was held in Medina Theatre.
With 77 hairdressing students presenting their models in the catwalk presentation the event was bigger and better than ever.
There were two categories: ‘City Girls’ for Level 2 students to show their long hair skills and ‘Catwalk Total Look’ for Level 3 (advanced).
During the interval the guests were entertained by music students ‘Meet The Public’ from Platform One College of Music and IW College students from the BTEC National Performing Arts courses who performed five dance routines. The event was video recorded by Maurice Gwilliam
Judging was conducted by Cornel LoBont (last year’s winner) from Mona lisa Hair, Lee Elliott from National Hairdressing Federation, Craig Hickleton from Nevilles in London plus Gloria and Sharon Holloway from Vintage Hair Lounge, Southampton.
All prizes were donated by Wella International, Vintage Hair Lounge and PGK Contracting plus flowers donated by Gardenia Florists.
We had a such a fantastic evening with an audience of over 400. I am delighted that it was such a huge success as the hairdressing staff, salon owners and students put so much effort in from the planning and design work, researching the costumes and hairstyles to actually perfecting it all together on the day. Being held in the theatre gave it a big wow factor and I am delighted that the event raised £1411 for Children of Chernobyl.
Catwalk Total Look (Level 3)
- ‘IW Bridal Autumn/Winter’ by Taidi Homes (Mona Lisa salon) with model Harriet Sibley
- ‘1940s vintage’ by Tara Hayward (Hair Leaders) with model Rachael Hyde
- ‘Shady Lady’ by Robyn Hunt with model Hayley Barnes
City Girls (Level 2)
- ‘Soho’ by Karl Barnes (Jak’s salon, Newport) with model Summer Parker
- ‘Rome’ by Georgina Bebbington with model Holly Lewis
- ‘London’ by Emma Randall with model Sophie Szydlowski