We don’t want travel costs to be a barrier stopping you from coming to study with us, discover the travel options available to you for attending College.
The Isle of Wight College campus is situated in Newport, in the centre of the Island.
Travelling By Car
The College is easily accessible by car via main roads, just off the main A3020 dual carriageway. Please note there is a 10mph speed limit within the campus.
Ample free parking is available for those visiting or studying at The College.
Please be aware, however, that a permit holder system is in operation. It is therefore, important that visitors ensure that they register their vehicle by fully completing visitor registration on arrival at Reception.
There are designated car parking bays for ‘blue badge’ holders directly outside main entrance, with additional parking bays between E & A blocks; (take first left on approach to College car park via access road).
However, those with a ‘blue badge’ may safely park anywhere on campus.
TRAVELLING By Bus
The College campus is on good bus routes.
- Route 9
- From Ryde to Newport, change to bus 1 (Newport to Cowes).
- Route 7
- From Yarmouth to Newport change to bus 1.
- Route 1
- From Cowes Red Jet to Hunnyhill and a short walk to College.
*Ask for “Hunnyhill bus stop” near College. Footpath to Medina Way Underpass; from underpass turn right and follow directions to College main entrance.
Further timetable and fare details are available on the Southern Vectis website.
TRAVELLING By Bike
Many Island cycle paths connect with Newport town centre and we have bike lockers available for use around the campus.
Travelling By Taxi
- 24 7 Taxis 01983 527275
- 5 Star Executive Travel 01983 527594
- A K Taxis 01983 240800
- A.S.A.P. Taxis 01983 244444
- A1 Cars 01983 240000
- AAA Cabs 01983 617308
- Ace Taxis 01983 868666
- Alpha Taxis 0800 298 5421
- Amar Taxis 01983 522968
- Astra Taxi Service 01983 280380
- Clare’s Taxi Service 07789 173457
- Cowes Taxis 01983 294444
- Davids Taxi Service 07969 436870
- Dinos Taxis 07856 244310
- Door 2 Door Taxis 01983 404554
- Haven Taxis 01983 885093
- Jones Taxis Service 07970 778053
- Leader Cabs 01983 303000
- Lower Hire 01983 525232
- Macs Taxis 01983 862344
- Martin’s Taxis 01983 281 111
- Meteor Taxis 01983 404242
- Musti’s Taxis 01983 559191
- Newport Taxis 01983 522222
- Pegas Taxi 07542 982851
- Ryde Taxis Ltd 01983 811111
- Seaview Taxis 01983 612419
- Taxcee 01983 565797
- VIP Taxis Newport 01983 303330
- Wight Knight Cars 01983 533335
- Windmill Cars 07956 446538
TRAVELLING On Foot
The College is only a 10 minute walk from Newport town centre.
Travelling By Train
There are excellent rail connections to all the major ferry ports, providing fast access to the Isle of Wight from across the UK.
Travel time from London Stations to most of the ports is less than 2 hours, and many ferry services coincide with train arrival times.
Ferry Travel Links
Wightlink runs ferry services over three routes to and from the Island.
- Portsmouth to Ryde Pier Head (Fast Cat Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 22 minutes.
- Portsmouth to Fishbourne (Car and Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 40 minutes.
- Lymington to Yarmouth (Car and Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 30 minutes.
Red Funnel runs services over 2 routes to and from the Island.
- Red Jet Hi-Speed: Southampton to West Cowes (passenger only). Runs every 30 minutes throughout the day, journey time approx. 23 minutes.
- Passenger/Vehicle Ferry: (Southampton to East Cowes). Operates 24 hours a day, journey time approx. one hour.
Both services connect to a free bus service from Southampton Central Rail Station.
Hovertravel run hovercraft services between Ryde Esplanade and Southsea in under 10 minutes. They have a frequent service running 7 days a week for foot passengers, full information on getting to Southsea Hoverport is available on their website.
- 01983 821000
- 01983 827000
- 08457 484950
- 01983 811000
- 0871 3764342
- 0844 8449988