The CECAMM Centre is situated at The Island Technology Park, Whippingham Road, East Cowes.
Discover the travel options available to you for attending CECAMM.
Health benefits of more exercise
If you want to live a healthy and fulfilling life it is essential to be physically active.
For most people, the easiest way to get moving is to make activity part of everyday life, like walking or cycling instead of using the car to get around.
However, the more you do, the better, and taking part in activities such as sports and exercise will make you even healthier.
As part of its healthy lifestyle initiatives The Isle of Wight College encourages cycling to CECAMM and has invested in bicycle racks and showering facilities.
Helping the environment
Cycling to CECAMM is encouraged, not only from a healthy living perspective, but also as part of The College’s green travel plan to save fuel, travel costs and to reduce CO2 emissions.
TRAVELLING BY BIKE
Travel time to cycle from The College to CECAMM is approximately 25 minutes.
- Local Cycling Organisation/Charity
- National Cycling Organisation
TRAVELLING ON FOOT
Travel time to walk from The College to CECAMM is approximately 1 hour 20 minutes.
Travelling By Car
Travel time from College to CECAMM is approximately 12 minutes.
- Turn left on to Medina Way towards town centre.
- Take slip road to Ryde at first set of traffic lights to enter A3054 towards Ryde.
- Passing cemetery, then Medina College both on the left continue to next roundabout.
- Take first exit at roundabout and continue along A3021 towards East Cowes
- On passing the Whippingham Heights estate on the right you will find CECAMM past next bend on the left hand side.
Ample free parking is available for those visiting or studying at CECAMM, ‘blue badge’ holders may safely park anywhere on site.
Travelling By Bus
CECAMM is located on good bus routes, the nearest bus stop is Whippingham Forge or Barton Manor.
- Route 4
- Ryde – Binstead – Wootton – Whippingham – Osborne House – East Cowes.
Monday – Saturday, up to every 60 mins.
View Route 4 timetable & Fares
- Route 5
- Newport – Whippingham – Osborne House – East Cowes.
Monday – Saturday, up to every 20 mins.
View Route 5 timetable & Fares
Travelling By Taxi
- 24 7 Taxis 01983 527275
- 5 Star Executive Travel 01983 527594
- A K Taxis 01983 240800
- A.S.A.P. Taxis 01983 244444
- A1 Cars 01983 240000
- AAA Cabs 01983 617308
- Ace Taxis 01983 868666
- Alpha Taxis 0800 298 5421
- Amar Taxis 01983 522968
- Astra Taxi Service 01983 280380
- Clare’s Taxi Service 07789 173457
- Cowes Taxis 01983 294444
- Davids Taxi Service 07969 436870
- Dinos Taxis 07856 244310
- Door 2 Door Taxis 01983 404554
- Haven Taxis 01983 885093
- Jones Taxis Service 07970 778053
- Leader Cabs 01983 303000
- Lower Hire 01983 525232
- Macs Taxis 01983 862344
- Martin’s Taxis 01983 281 111
- Meteor Taxis 01983 404242
- Musti’s Taxis 01983 559191
- Newport Taxis 01983 522222
- Pegas Taxi 07542 982851
- Ryde Taxis Ltd 01983 811111
- Seaview Taxis 01983 612419
- Taxcee 01983 565797
- VIP Taxis Newport 01983 303330
- Wight Knight Cars 01983 533335
- Windmill Cars 07956 446538
TRAVELLING BY TRAIN
There are excellent rail connections to all the major ferry ports, providing fast access to the Isle of Wight from across the UK.
Travel time from London Stations to most of the ports is less than 2 hours, and many ferry services coincide with train arrival times.
FERRY TRAVEL LINKS
Wightlink runs ferry services over three routes to and from the Island.
- Portsmouth to Ryde Pier Head (Fast Cat Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 22 minutes.
- Portsmouth to Fishbourne (Car and Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 40 minutes.
- Lymington to Yarmouth (Car and Passenger Service). Journey time approx. 30 minutes.
Red Funnel runs services over 2 routes to and from the Island.
- Red Jet Hi-Speed: Southampton to West Cowes (passenger only). Runs every 30 minutes throughout the day, journey time approx. 23 minutes.
- Passenger/Vehicle Ferry: (Southampton to East Cowes). Operates 24 hours a day, journey time approx. one hour.
Both services connect to a free bus service from Southampton Central Rail Station.
Hovertravel run hovercraft services between Ryde Esplanade and Southsea in under 10 minutes. They have a frequent service running 7 days a week for foot passengers, full information on getting to Southsea Hoverport is available on their website.
- 01983 821000
- 01983 827000
- 08457 484950
- 01983 811000
- 0871 3764342
- 0844 8449988