The Isle of Wight College is committed to providing value to the communities we serve.
The Corporation and all employees of The Isle of Wight College affirm that:
- We will act at all times in a professional manner, demonstrating core values of leadership, impartiality, openness, fairness, respect and accountability
- We will develop and maintain a respectful and productive workplace, characterised by clear, honest, direct, relevant and timely communication
- We will take responsibility and accountability for our own behaviour, positively learning from our mistakes and responding to feedback in a constructive way
- We will empower each other by promoting personal responsibility and accountability along with creative thinking, innovation and informed risk taking of all our activities
- We will take responsibility for our own effective development and learning and encourage and facilitate all individuals to maximise their full potential
- We will be inclusive, open and actively engage with all stakeholders demonstrating a “can do” attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
- We will seek to work efficiently and effectively to achieve the college strategic aims and objectives
- We will commit to creating experiences that exceed our customer expectations
- We will promote an environment that fosters a healthy balance between our professional and personal lives
- We will value and honour diversity, individual contributions and professional and cultural differences
- We will recognise and, where appropriate, reward exceptional contribution to the organisation
These college values have been developed to reflect the Nolan Principles which govern standards in public life.