If you are thinking about taking on an apprentice or if you just need more information on what Apprenticeship are and how they work, The Isle of Wight College is here to support you.
We can help and guide you through the whole process of identifying a suitable Apprenticeship, recruiting an apprentice and managing the Apprenticeship.
All guidance and support, including advertising Apprenticeship vacancies on your behalf, are provided free of charge.
New Apprenticeship Levy
In spring 2017 the way the government funds apprenticeships in England is changing. Some employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy, and there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers.
Apprenticeships Are Good For Business
Apprenticeships deliver for businesses and help them grow by:
- reducing training and recruitment costs
- increasing productivity and your bottom line
- developing a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- improving customer service results
- providing financial return on investment
Recruiting an Apprentice enables you to attract new talent, re-skill existing staff and tackle skill shortages.
Apprenticeships are available to businesses of all sizes and from all sectors. Employment is a fundamental part of an Apprenticeship and therefore an apprentice must be directly employed in a job role with a productive purpose.
The Apprenticeships in this guide are set up and managed by The Isle of Wight College.
For more information and guidance on the Apprenticeships in this guide or information on Apprenticeships in general, including funding information, please contact on 01983 535202 or email email@example.com.
- National Apprenticeship Service
- Supports, funds and co-ordinates the delivery of Apprenticeships throughout England.
- Your Guide to Apprenticeships
- Provides essential information and sources of further advice and support on Apprenticeships.