Industry placements will form part of the new T Levels courses, which are being implemented from September 2020.
They will provide students with a valuable opportunity to develop their practical and technical skills in a role directly relevant to their course. This also gives employers the chance to ensure that young people are developing the skills and experience that their industry needs.
GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
Industry placements benefit not just the learner, but the employer too:
- Develop existing staff’s coaching and mentoring skills
- Building partnerships with local training providers
- Can ‘trial’ new educational supported employment methods, before committing to full time work or apprenticeships
- Bring new ideas and energy into your business
- Address any current and future skills shortages in your industry and company
- Introduce you to new talent, for potential recruitment opportunities in the future
We would ask Employers to provide:
- A minimum of a 315 hour placement
- A dedicated member of staff responsible for the learner
- A safe working environment
- Opportunities to develop their technical skills within industry
- Formal feedback on the student’s progress at three meetings with the education provider, against the agreed learning objectives
If you would like to take on an industry placement student, or work experience student, or would just like to find out more, please email email@example.com or call 01983 550697/550660 and our friendly staff will be happy to help you.