The Department for Education is introducing industry placements as a new way to give learners on Level 3 technical education courses the opportunity to put their skills and knowledge into practice, while developing an awareness of working life.
Placements involve 45 – 60 day placement (minimum 315 hours) in a role with a host employer. Students will already be equipped with the relevant basic skills needed to build on during their time on placement.
Industry placements will play a significant role in the new T Level option for young people. These are two-year technical programmes designed with input from employers.
Great Opportunities for All
Industry placements benefit not just the learner, but the employer too:
- Bring new ideas and energy into your business
- Give current employees opportunities to gain skills coaching and mentoring
- Address any current and future skills shortages in your industry
- Introduce you to new talent, for potential recruitment opportunities in the future.
- Inspire a new generation of employees, ready to join your industry
We would ask Employers to provide:
- A minimum 45 day work placement (315 hours)
- A dedicated member of staff responsible for the learner
- A safe working environment
- Opportunities to develop their
technical skills within industry
- Hold regular meeting with the student and provide constructive feedback
If you would like to take on an industry placement student, or work experience student, or would just like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01983 550697 and our friendly staff will be happy to help you.