Make the most of your time at College: let the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) team help you get the very best grades possible.
SPACE TO STUDY
Open to all College staff and students, the LRC is a bright, airy state-of-the-art building, with friendly and knowledgeable staff who are here to help you. There are spaces for private study or group work: we are designed, equipped and staffed to help you learn in the way that suits you best.
We have computers, free internet access and Wi-Fi throughout. There are over 25,000 items available to borrow, including a large collection of books, thousands of DVDs, and many professional magazines. There are specialist collections about careers and the Isle of Wight, as well as a children’s corner: you are welcome to bring in your child to play whilst you study (as long as you look after them!).
Whether you have to do some research for a project, revise for an exam, have a flick through industry magazines for career inspiration or take advantage of the IT facilities available, the LRC has all the resources you need.
HELPING YOU SUCCEED
Our job is to help you succeed. If you need help please don’t be afraid to ask!
Our highly qualified staff can help you find the resources you need. We offer one-to-one support with:
- Getting the best out of books and eBooks
- Using quality online resources
- Referencing and bibliographies
- Using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Office 365
And if you are already thinking about moving into employment, we can help you write your CV, fill in job application forms, and nail that job interview.
Book a one-to-one with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01983 550789.
ONLINE LEARNING RESOURCES
As a student, you have access to high quality websites, online resources and eBooks which are not freely available just anyone. Accessing these resources is easy: just go to Office 365, log in and click on SharePoint. Come and talk to us if you have any problems.
eBooks are online versions of key textbooks that will be useful for your course. You can search for and read e-books through our catalogue or through your Office 365 account. A guide on using e-books is available from LRC helpdesks and here.
In your course, you will be using lots of specialist online learning resources. Please speak to a member of the LRC team for more information or if you have any problems accessing them.
To access online resources from home, please follow this guide.
Share your love of reading and books, contact us to get involved.
- 01983 535201
DIGNITY, EQUALITY, DIVERSITY
The LRC staff are committed to celebrating equality and diversity within the College. We will support you by providing:
- Books and DVDs on equality and diversity topics, including race, gender, ability, and faith.
- Guides in different formats.
- Dictionaries in English and other languages, including large print.
- Resources at a variety of levels, including an ‘easy reading’ collection with audio books, graphic novels, fiction and simplified readers, and books with Widgit picture symbols.
- A children’s corner with lots of books to keep your children busy whilst you study.
- Information about festivals, celebrations and international events.
- Facilities including height adjustable work desks, magnifying sheets, coloured overlays, hearing loops, and a CCTV text enlarger.
|Term time||Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 6pm||Friday 8:30am – 4pm|
|Half term holidays||Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm|
|Main Vacations||Monday – Friday 8:30am – 1pm|
|Closed bank holidays, between Christmas and New Year, and some staff development days – call 01983 535201 or email email@example.com to check.|
- 01983 535201
How2become are the UK’s leading career specialist and have trained and guided thousands of candidates through recruitment processes to secure their dream job. They have provided the LRC with free careers resources for you to borrow.