The Isle of Wight College is a General Further Education (GFE) College with a broad curriculum that reflects the needs of the Island community.
The Isle of Wight College was established in 1951, initially offering courses in construction and engineering.
- Putting students first
- Raising community aspirations
- Working for employers
The College offers training opportunities across a broad curriculum, including:
- Vocational courses
- Employer Training & services
- Higher education (University courses)
- Excellent education, welfare & support for international students
- School Links courses (school collaboration programme for 14-16 year olds)
The College has invested millions in the facilities offered, which includes:
- A state-of-the-art £6.5M STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) Centre
- A £11M Centre of Excellence for Composites, Marine and Advanced Manufacturing, located in Whippingham
- A purpose-built £2.4M Pathways for students with learning difficulties/disabilities
- The LRC (Learning Resource Centre)
- The College Gym
The Isle of Wight College has a national reputation for providing outstanding teaching and learning and has many first class facilities.
The College’s main campus is sited in a central island location on the outskirts of Newport, the county town of the Isle of Wight and the Island’s principal retail centre.