The Isle of Wight College is a General Further Education (GFE) College with a broad curriculum that reflects the needs of the Island community.
The Isle of Wight College was established in 1951, initially offering courses in construction and engineering.
The mission of the Isle of Wight College is to deliver outstanding education and training driven by:
- Putting students first
- Working with employers
- Supporting our community
The College offers training opportunities across a broad curriculum, including:
- Vocational courses
- Employer Training & services
- Higher education (University courses)
- Excellent education, welfare & support for international students
- School Links courses (school collaboration programme for 14-16 year olds)
The College has invested millions in the facilities offered, which includes:
- A state-of-the-art £6.5M STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) Centre
- A £11M Centre of Excellence for Composites, Marine and Advanced Manufacturing, located in Whippingham
- A purpose-built £2.4M Pathways for students with learning difficulties/disabilities
- The LRC (Learning Resource Centre)
- The College Gym
The Isle of Wight College has a national reputation for providing outstanding teaching and learning and has many first class facilities.
The College’s main campus is sited in a central island location on the outskirts of Newport, the county town of the Isle of Wight and the Island’s principal retail centre.