Are you looking for Term Dates or Staff Development Days? See our Dates For Your Diary page.
- This event has passed.
WHERE YOUR GREAT CAREER BEGINS…
There’s so plenty to see and do at our open events. Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Make your way to main reception where you will be greeted by our staff at the main entrance and directed to information points.
- See the campus and the many first class facilities.
- Join in some of the activities on offer.
- Talk to tutors at the individual subject desks. You are free to walk around and check out all subjects that you are interested in. Course tutors will be available so you can have a chat and ask any questions about the specific courses.
- Enjoy some light refreshments in our College Restaurant.
- Ask our student services advisers all of your questions, such as whether you might be eligible for financial support, a bus pass or help with child care costs.
- Ready to apply? You will be able to apply online and staff available to assist you in applying or you can take an application form away with you and apply when you are ready.
JOIN A COLLEGE OF DISTINCTION
The Isle of Wight College has a national reputation for providing quality teaching and learning and has many first class facilities.
RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
The Isle of Wight College has a proven track record of excellent success rates, The College provides excellent ‘value added’ for all college learners – this means learners achieved much higher passes than would be expected given the GCSE grades they started with. The College’s standard for ‘Value added’ is amongst the best in Britain.
GET EXPERT CAREERS ADVICE
There are lots of choices you have to make when deciding to come to college and that the list of options available after school can sometimes be confusing. In response to the local authority’s withdrawal of advice and guidance services to young people in full-time education, The College has ensured its students continue to get the best possible support by appointing Catherine Jackson, a highly qualified careers advisor.
Catherine is recognised by the Institute of Careers Guidance as an advanced practitioner and is a member of the Careers Professional Alliance. She will be happy to advise any College student or prospective student and operates an appointment system as well as drop-in sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a car park?
Yes, we have a large free car park and parking permits are NOT required.
What subject areas will be represented?
Every subject area we offer at the College will be in attendance at the Open Day.
What if I’m a wheelchair user?
We have an accessible college and wheelchair users are very welcome. There is plenty of disabled parking too. If you have any concerns please ring us on 01983 526631.
Do I have to be there for the duration of the event?
Of course not! You can drop in at any time and stay for as long or as little as you wish across the open period.
How do I apply for a course?
You will be able to apply online on the day, and staff will be on hand to help you, or if you prefer, you can pick up an application form.
Can I bring my friend along?
Definitely! Everyone is welcome to come along. Your family and friends are very welcome.
Got a question that’s not been covered?
No problem! Just call 01983 526631 with your query or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Visit The College to discuss the opportunities open to you and find out what college life is really like. We recommend you have a look at the range of courses on offer via The College website prior to coming along to our Open Events.
The College offers ample free-parking on campus and good local transport connections are available.
Family & friends welcome :)