Are you looking for Term Dates or Staff Development Days? See our Dates For Your Diary page.
- This event has passed.
Make Your Future
Make Your Future at the Isle of Wight’s Centre of Excellence for Composites, Advanced Manufacturing and Marine.
CECAMM is a purpose-built, state-of-the-art facility offering engineering courses at all levels through full-time or part-time study.
There’s plenty to see and do at our open events. Here are a few suggestions for you:
- Make your way to the main reception where you will be greeted by our staff and directed to information points.
- Have a tour of CECAMM and the many first class facilities.
- Several local employers that we work with will be attending to support the Open Day. Ask them questions and find out about work experience and apprenticeship opportunities with them
- Demonstrations will take place in our electronics lab and mechanical workshop. See the staff and students undertaking practical demonstrations, with opportunities to ask questions.
- Talk to course tutors about the individual courses on offer in mechanical, electrical and marine engineering.
- Discuss the apprenticeship route with our Work Based Learning team.
- Ask the tutors and Pastoral and Progress Adviser all of your questions, such as whether you might be eligible for financial support, a bus pass or help with child care costs.
- Refreshments will be available in our Refectory.
A Unique Place to Study
CECAMM was created by local business, for local business and provides quality teaching and learning and has close links with Island employers. It is the only facility based on the Island to offer Engineering courses and Apprenticeships. We offer both full and part-time courses at all levels, for those who have just left school, adult learners and those looking to gain qualifications and experience alongside their employment. For those undertaking a Level 5 HND, there is the opportunity to ‘top-up’ to degree level in association with the University of Portsmouth.
The Isle of Wight College and CECAMM have a proven track record of excellent success rates, The College provides excellent ‘value added’ for all college learners – this means learners achieved much higher passes than would be expected given the GCSE grades they started with. The College’s standard for ‘Value added’ is amongst the best in Britain.
Tutors and Lecturers will be available on the day to discuss your career plan and which course is best for you. We recommend that you look at the range of engineering courses on offer via The Isle of Wight College website prior to coming along to the Open Day:
Travelling to CECAMM
We have a large free car park, with disabled parking which is accessible for wheelchair users who are very welcome. CECAMM is on bus route 4 from Ryde and bus route 5 from Newport and it is a short, flat walk from the bus stop.
Do I have to be there for the duration of the event?
Of course not! You can drop in at any time and stay for as long or as little as you wish across the open period.
How do I apply for a course?
You will be able to apply online on the day, and staff will be on hand to help you, or if you prefer, you can pick up an application form.
Can I bring my friend along?
Definitely! Everyone is welcome to come along. Your family and friends are very welcome.
Any questions that haven’t been covered?
No problem! Just call 01983 550800 with your query or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.