|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|31 August 2020||TBC||Anne Marie Richards|
Who are these qualifications for?
The College offers a range of qualifications for those who are involved or have an interest in the delivery, assessment or quality assurance roles. The qualifications will provide an opportunity to develop and improve knowledge and practice as well as achieving a professional qualification for the role.
This may be accredited learning or where people may assess performance but do not assess for a qualification (i.e. an in-house programme). Achievement of one or more of these qualifications will support managers, teachers, assessors and trainers in the workplace in:
- improving the learner experience
- raising achievement
- ensuring that regulatory requirements are met
- supporting planning and monitoring processes such as self-assessment
Courses will run throughout the year from October to August with a variety of options or possibly to your requirements.
What are the entry requirements for this course?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, the course tutor will ensure that you have the potential to successfully complete the programme before enrolling you.
Who is the course for?
This is a knowledge-only award for those who wish to gain an understanding of key concepts and practices relating to effective assessment of learners or trainees.
What will I learn?
You will gain an understanding of how to plan for assessment, and to judge and review whether or not requirements have been met, as well as the critical importance of quality assurance in assessment. You will also gain the knowledge required to develop and improve the assessment procedures used on the teaching programmes which you are involved with.
The programme focuses on 8 key areas, involving understanding:
- the principles and requirements of assessment
- different types of assessment method
- how to plan assessment
- how to involve learners in assessment
- how to make assessment decisions
- your contribution to quality assurance of assessment
- how to manage information regarding assessment of occupational competence
- the legal and good practice requirements relating to assessment
How will I learn?
Teaching input for this course is delivered to small groups of learners or on an individual basis by staff that has significant expertise in the field of Assessment. Assessment for this qualification is based upon a written assignment, controlled assessment or portfolio of evidence and a 1-1 professional discussion with your Assessor.
What Can this Course Lead To?
This course can be ‘topped up’ by adding either or both of the practical units below:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment – unit 2
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement – unit 3