|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|13 January 2020||1 week||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
Working Safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding of health and safety. It focuses on why health and safety is important and how you can make a real difference to the wellbeing of yourself, and others through changing your behaviour. It focuses on best practice rather than legislation.
The course is a 100% match to the Health and Safety Executive’s ‘Passport’ syllabus. Working Safely is an eligible qualification to apply for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Green Labourer Card (see info below).
Aims of this course are to learn about:
- Working Safely Why is it important to work safely?
- Defining Hazard and Risk
- Identifying common hazards Electricity, Computer Workstations, Manual Handling, Stress, Housekeeping & Welfare, Temperature & Lighting, Fire, Slips & Trips, Harmful Substances, Noise, Bullying, Working at Height, Violence & Aggression, Getting in and Getting out, Transport Safety, Asbestos, Drugs & Alcohol, Plant & Machinery, Personal Hygiene
- Improving Safety Performance Safety Management System, Responsibilities, Safe Systems of Work, PPE, Safety Signs, Emergency Procedures, First Aid
- Protecting our Environment – Pollution & Waste
There will be a two part assessment:
- PART A: 16 question, multiple-choice assessment paper
- PART B: 4 question, multiple-choice assessment paper
On passing, delegates will be awarded an IOSH Working Safely certificate, which will be posted to you by Signed for Recorded Delivery. Please note: IOSH can take up to 6 weeks to process certificates.
CSCS Card Information
Delegates who successfully complete the course can apply for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Green Labourer Card once they’ve passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test. Working safely is recognised as an equivalent to a level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment.
Candidates who urgently need to apply for a CSCS card can apply for a temporary card in the meantime and then apply for the Green Card once they have successfully completed the course and the CSCS test.
The provisional card lasts for six months and is not renewable.
Visit www.cscs.uk.com to learn more.Last updated 31 mins ago.