|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|4 March 2019||1 year|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
No formal requirements.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for individuals who would like a good basic understanding of nutrition and would like to design menus, recipes and ingredients to support healthy eating.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The benefits of a healthy and varied diet are indisputable. This course has been designed to provide a good, basic understanding of nutrition, you will learn:
- Good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- Understanding the requirements of a balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- Identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- Appreciate that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- Appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products
HOW WILL I LEARN?
Students will learn through theory based classroom training.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE LEAD TO?
Students who complete this course may wish to progress onto other hospitality courses.
Please bring notepad & pen.Last updated 24 mins ago.