|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|28 February 2019||6 weeks||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
WHAT IS THE COURSE?
This course is suitable for boat owners and crew with limited or no knowledge of engine maintenance wishing to gain expertise on safe, regular, routine and economical engine care, including the associated equipment.
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
The content is all within the “UK Boat Safety Scheme” guidelines where applicable.
- How it works, key components, basic tool kit requirements and safety awareness
- Essential periodic safety/maintenance checks and servicing
- Laying up for winter and commissioning for the spring
- Fault finding and likely solutions (interactive)
- “Easy to do” repairs and parts replacements
- Minor improvements to increase reliability and economy (interactive)