|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|25 January 2019||1 week||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
What is the course?
The 18thedition of the IET wiring regulations launched on the 2 July. It is also known as BS 7671:2018.
Who is it for?
This course is for those involved with the design, erection and verification of electrical installations also additions and alterations to existing installations in accordance with the 18thedition of the IET Wiring regulations. It is strongly advised that to complete the 35 hour on line course that you have experience with the 17thedition however have not completed the third amendment.
What does it cover?
The following key topic areas covered include (this is not an exhaustive list)
- Scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671:18
- Requirements of protection for electrical safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Special installations or locations
- Use of the information within BS7671:2018 appendices
Course delivery and exam
This is a combination of both taught classroom based delivery and a 35 hours online course which can be studied in your own time.
Once the course has been completed you will be required to book into one of the pre-arranged exam dates at The Isle of Wight College.
You will receive your certificate once you have sat and passed your exam.
- Length of programme: 7 hours classroom based delivery, 35 hour on line course followed by the City and Guilds level 3 award in the requirements of BS7671 2018. 60 question on line exam
- Day and times: 25/01/2019 9.30 to 4.30 (to be delivered before 35 hour on line course)
- Exam: Pre-set dates for the exam will be set and the date can be chosen when booking onto the course
- Course cost: £570.00
Additional note: The IET 18thedition wiring regulation book and the IET 18thedition on site book are not included in the price.Last updated 10 mins ago.