|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|11 March 2019||1 week||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
Are you looking to update your office skills, or have you had a career break and are you looking to refresh/increase your skills?
Thinking about a career change?
This one-day course has been designed to increase knowledge in basic skills found with the office environment, including written, electronic and verbal communication skills, office systems and equipment and understanding the office environment.
What WIll I Learn?
A wide variety of topics will be covered including:
- Business writing skills: emails, memos, letters
- Types of filing: electronic, alphabetical, geographical
- Use of tools such as Dropbox
- Using Office equipment: photocopying/scanning
- Microsoft Outlook basics: replying/forwarding/adding attachments
- Handling Diary systems/Microsoft Calendar
- Microsoft Applications: Basic Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Customer service/welcoming visitors and taking/making business phone calls
Outcomes to be achieved:
- Know the main functions within an office and how to work safely
- Have an overview of simple business / office writing skills
- Understand filing systems
- Know about equipment that supports the office environment
- Have an overview of basic skills in Outlook (Emails /Calendar) Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Learn how to improve organisation and time management skills