|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|6 April 2020||1 week||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
Who is the course for?
ABC Level 2 Awards in MOT Testing is for anyone who is looking to progress to undertaking MOT test. The emphasis of these qualifications is on the acquisition of practical skills and knowledge that is needed for MOT Testing. These qualifications require learners to demonstrate these high level skills with accuracy, precision and consistency.
The Award in MOT Testing qualifications contain mandatory units only and are designed to provide generic units for all Testers, generic Pre Test units and units covering the MOT test that is specific for either Classes 1 & 2 or Classes 4 & 7.
What does it cover?
By the end of this course, you will have gained knowledge of:
- Develop the knowledge required for MOT Testing in the respective classes
- Develop practical skills required for MOT testing
- Encourage improvements in customer service
- Prepare the learner for managing CPD requirements
- Improve safe working in Test Centres.
MOT Testing Award Level 2 Prerequisite
Learners must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to undertake the MOT Tester qualification:
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes to be tested. (For the criteria which relates to non UK licences, refer to the current The MOT Testing Guide located on the DVSA website.)
- Be a skilled technician with at least 4 years’ full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
What does this course lead to?
Level 3 MOT Test Centre Manager Award.
This course is a 4 Day Course 9am-5pm including an examination and practical.Last updated 8 hours ago.