|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|11 May 2020||1 week||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
Minimum of Level 1 English or Maths or an equivalent.
What is the course?
HABC Level 2 Award Personal Licence Holder.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wishes to work in licensed premises or any venue where alcohol is sold, for drinking on or off the premises. It is primarily for those who will authorise the sale of alcohol to the public under current legislation. However, gaining this qualification is a great way to help you get employment in the licensed sector and is usually a pre-requisite for those wishing to become a manager or supervisor.
What does it cover?
The following key topic areas covered include (this is not an exhaustive list)
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of
- the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence holder
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties
- relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Permitted temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Course delivery and exam
This will be classroom based with a multiple-choice paper.
Your completed test paper will be forwarded to HABC for marking. Certificates for successful candidates will be returned to The College Exams Office and forwarded on to you via Recorded Delivery. Where posted certificates are not received (signed for) or subsequently not collected from the Royal Mail, they will be returned to The College Exams Office for you to collect.
Course cost £155 per person.Last updated 43 mins ago.