|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|3 December 2019||1 week||Janet Stevens|
|Fee Bands||Tuition Fee||Materials Fee||Exam Fee|
There are no entry requirements for this course.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS COURSE?
To give the candidates the information and knowledge to be able to change an abrasive wheel safely.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
Candidates working with abrasive wheels.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
At the end of the course the candidates will be able to:
- Identify hazards and risks arising from the use of Abrasive Wheels and precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking Abrasive Wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- Know how to store and transport Abrasive Wheels
- Know how to inspect and test Abrasive wheels for damage.
- Identify the functions of all components used with Abrasive Wheels such as flanges, blotters, bushes, nuts, etc.
- Know how to assemble Abrasive Wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- Identify the use of suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) such as eye protection.
HOW WILL I LEARN?
There will be a short theory and practical assessment at the end of the course. A certificate of attendance will be awarded by The Isle of Wight College.Last updated 26 mins ago.