|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|2 September 2019||TBC||Sarah Duff|
Students should have at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above and at least a grade 4 (C) in English at GCSE Level or equivalent
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Hairdressing In addition you would require at least GCSE English at grade 4 (C) or Level 2 Functional Skills English
- Current College students should have completed their main qualification including Maths and English
- Consistent good commitment, attendance at 88% and above, punctuality and reports from previous courses studied
Who Is The Course For?
For those, looking to build on their Level 2 hairdressing skills; developing their Knowledge and practical ability to level 3.
This course is designed for those looking to explore their creativity and imagination in a practical based environment, gaining the skills relevant for a career in the hairdressing industry. This course enables CPD (continued professional development) as well as providing progression opportunities.
These qualifications can be achieved after full completion of the Level 3 certificate in Hairdressing.
- Level 4 colour correction
- Level 4 management
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy
What Will I Learn?
How to create elegant bridal styles, creative fashion coloring with basic colour correction, creative styling and dressing, re-cap basic cuts and developing new emerging cutting shapes and techniques, how to carry out an in depth consultation, interpersonal skills, team work and managing and monitoring health and safety.
How Will I Learn?
The course is delivered by specialist staff, who have years of industry experience along with specialist qualifications. Teaching sessions incorporate a mixture of activities. These include practical demonstrations, theory inputs and practical skills
Students are assessed through a combination of internally assessed coursework and practical assessments along with online examinations. This helps students to develop core skills required for the industry which include ability to meet deadlines and retention of knowledge as well as application of skills in a practical environment.