|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|31 August 2020||TBC||Clare Powell|
The Isle of Wight College has standard entry requirements for full-time college courses, depending on the level of the course to be studied.
There may be additional entry requirements for a small number of specialist courses. If this course is one of these specialist courses, additional entry requirements will be stated below.
The Level 1 Football Programme has been developed to enable learners to continue their studies in Maths and English but also provide opportunities to learn and develop vital workforce development skills alongside practical sessions in a number of different sport and weekly training in conjunction with Portsmouth In The Community.
The programme will cover theoretical and practical aspects of sport coaching and fitness, and introduce you to the industry.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for anyone who is considering a career in the sport, fitness or exercise industry.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
You will learn and develop your skills vital for the industry which include:
- Taking part in practical gym and multi-sport sessions
- Learning the fundamentals of planning gym/multi-sports sessions
- Understand essential health and safety requirements and run safe sessions
- Communicate effectively with others within a sporting and academic environment
- Promote and establish working relationships between players, coaches, parents and officials
- Understand different aspects of coaching children
- Different career pathways within the industry
Your course will include functional skill modules to help you develop these essential skills. You will be assessed, and will attend both of the following modules.
WHAT CAN THIS COURSE LEAD TO?
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to progress onto a Level 2 in a Sport/Fitness related qualification.
All full time students pay a resource fee plus approx. £200 for a Portsmouth In The Community Kit Pack which all learners who are part of the football squads are required to purchase. For information on support and funding available to students, please call Student Services on 01983 550581. Exact fees will be confirmed during the interview process.
All Study Programmes for 16-19 year olds at The Isle of Wight College are designed to include:
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade A* - C (9 - 4 using the new grades) in these subjects by age 16
- Non-qualification activity, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
- A vocational experience which will form the substantial part of the programme
These four elements of the programme should combine to provide stretch and challenge for you helping to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
Please refer to the 16 to 19 study programme document to learn more.Last updated 27 mins ago.