|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|2 September 2019||TBC||Clare Powell|
The Isle of Wight College has standard entry requirements for full-time college courses, depending on the level of the course to be studied.
There may be additional entry requirements for a small number of specialist courses. If this course is one of these specialist courses, additional entry requirements will be stated below.
The Level 1 Football Programme is run in conjunction with Portsmouth In The Community. The programme will cover theoretical and practical aspects of sport coaching and fitness, and introduce you to the industry.
You will also have the chance to develop practical coaching experience by assisting with community football programmes run by Portsmouth across the Island.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for anyone who is considering a career in the sport and fitness industry.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This is an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications in sport and fitness industry.
The programme will also cover employability skills, to prepare learners for future careers.
On the Level 1 course you will gain a wide range of skills including how to:
- Design and conduct training sessions for young players/clients
- Improve young player’s motor skills and ball skills.
- Develop individual players sport and fitness skills.
- Implement essential health and safety requirements and run safe sessions.
- Communicate effectively with groups of young players.
- Identify personal development opportunities in football.
- Promote and establish working relationships between players, coaches, parents and officials.
- Safely organise and supervise activities including Mini-Soccer and small sided games.
- Understand different aspects of coaching children.
You will be assessed by a mixture of written projects and assignments and practical assessment.
Level One Award in Fitness and Physical Activity
- Exercise and fitness knowledge
- Understanding of health and fitness industry
- Exploring personal fitness
- Participate in physical activity
- Assist in the deliver of exercise
- Healthy eating
- Optional participation in football academy:
Your course will include functional skill modules to help you develop these essential skills. You will be assessed, and will attend both of the following modules.
WHAT CAN THIS COURSE LEAD TO?
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to progress onto the Level 2 in a Sports related qualification
All full time students pay a £55 resource fee plus approx. £200 for a Portsmouth In The Community Kit Pack which all learners are required to purchase. For information on support and funding available to students, please call Student Services on 01983 550581.
All Study Programmes for 16-19 year olds at The Isle of Wight College are designed to include:
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade A* - C (9 - 4 using the new grades) in these subjects by age 16
- Non-qualification activity, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
- A vocational experience which will form the substantial part of the programme
These four elements of the programme should combine to provide stretch and challenge for you helping to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
Please refer to the 16 to 19 study programme document to learn more.Last updated 35 mins ago.