|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|2 September 2019||TBC||Clare Powell|
The Isle of Wight College has standard entry requirements for full-time college courses, depending on the level of the course to be studied.
There may be additional entry requirements for a small number of specialist courses. If this course is one of these specialist courses, additional entry requirements will be stated below.
The Advanced Technical Football Coaching Programme is run in conjunction with Portsmouth In The Community. The programme will cover theoretical and practical aspects of sport and coaching, and provide a detailed understanding of the leisure and football industries. You will also have the chance to develop practical coaching experience by assisting with community football programmes run by Portsmouth across the Island.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for students who enjoy academically rigorous learning. It is for anyone who wants to be prepared for work in a professional sport & leisure setting, or within sports teaching, or who plan to continue their studies at university.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This is an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications in sport, coaching, and the leisure industry. The programme will also cover employability skills, to prepare learners for future careers.
On the Level 3 course you will gain a wide range of skills including how to:
- Design and conduct training sessions for skilled players.
- Develop the skills used by particular playing positions (defender, midfielder, and striker).
- Be confident managing and leading a team.
- Coach technical and tactical skills.
- Develop strategies including formations, team shape, etc.
- Design training programmes, including fitness routines, etc.
- Identify and adapt football activities and sessions for a variety of age groups.
- Identify personal development opportunities in football including administration and officiating.
- Promote and establish working relationships between players, coaches, parents and officials.
You will be assessed by a mixture of written projects and assignments and practical assessment.
WHAT CAN THIS COURSE LEAD TO?
Students who successfully complete this course may progress onto a related degree programme. Alternatively, successful students will be in a position to apply for employment in professional football settings.
All full time students pay a £55 resource fee plus approx. £200 for a Portsmouth In The Community Kit Pack which all learners are required to purchase. For information on support and funding available to students, please call Student Services on 01983 550581.
All Study Programmes for 16-19 year olds at The Isle of Wight College are designed to include:
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- Extended work experience/industry placement for Level 3 learners Over the course of your Level 3 study programme you may be expected to do between 36 – 415 hours of industry placement depending on the course you have chosen. All learners are expected, and encouraged, to do their best to find their own relevant, purposeful work experience which supports their career progression.
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade A* - C (9 - 4 using the new grades) in these subjects by age 16
- Non-qualification activity, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
- A vocational experience which will form the substantial part of the programme
These four elements of the programme should combine to provide stretch and challenge for you helping to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
Please refer to the 16 to 19 study programme document to learn more.Last updated 52 mins ago.