|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|1 September 2019||2 years||Derek Mcgrath|
Preferable: Three GCSEs grade 4 or above (A*- C) including Maths, Science and English together with a Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology City and Guilds 2330/2365.
Minimum: Working towards, or have reached a level 2 Basic Skills Qualification in Maths and English or equivalent, together with a Level 2 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology City and Guilds 2330/2365.
All Candidates are also required to meet one of the following criteria
- You have access to work experience within the electrical industry or
- You have previous experience within the electrical or allied industry,
All candidates need to produce references and to be successful at interview.
Because of the practical content of the course, general hand skills and hand/eye co-ordination are essential. Applicants must declare any difficulty with colour perception, as employment opportunities may be restricted.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
For those who need progression to gain an industry recognised qualification.
It is intended for the trainee electrician who is working towards an electrical NVQ at Level III. This technical certificate can contribute towards the underpinning knowledge requirements of the Electrotechnical NVQ Level III.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Electrical Science, craft theory, practical skills, health and safety, Inspection and Testing, fault finding and Electrical Regulations.
HOW WILL I LEARN?
Delivery, research and self study to enable successful achievement of the follwing units :
- 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems – Assessment Online test 40 items 60 mins
- 302 Principles of Electrical Science – Assessment Practical assignment + written paper
- 303 Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification – Assessment written Assignments + Practical tasks
- 304 Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning – Assessment written Assignments + Practical tasks
- 305 Electrical Systems Design – Assessment written Assignments
- 308Career awareness in building services engineering – Assessment written Assignments
Note all assignments are completed in stages during the course.
WHAT WILL THIS COURSE LEAD TO
NVQ Level 3 Electrotechnical Technology.