|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
With approximately 15% of people being affected by Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), it is important for individuals to develop their understanding of what SpLDs are and how they can affect the lives of those impacted by them. From dyslexia and dyscalculia to ADHD and DCD, there are many types of SpLD and some people are affected by more than one. This course will help to identify ways of supporting individuals with SpLDs.
By completing the course, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. The units and topics included are ideal for learners who are looking to support individuals with SpLDs in any environment, be it at home, in the workplace, or in schools.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties. This could include teaching staff that wish to further their understanding of dyslexia, ADHD and other Specific Learning Difficulties, as well as employers who are looking for ways to support their workforce. This course is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means learners can choose when and where they study. The Skills Network is committed to ensuring that learners receive all of the support they require throughout the course in the form of a personal tutor and customer service advisor.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
All of our award-winning, paper-based learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep learners focused on their learning at all times.
What you will learn
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 2: Understand the Effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 3: Understand the Diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 4: Understanding Supporting Individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Unit 5: Understand the Context of Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Gain a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Develop an enhanced knowledge of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where they study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.