|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
Although there are many different illnesses which can be experienced during childhood, there are several which are common to many babies and children. Therefore, it is crucial that those who work, or want to work, with babies and children in an early years setting develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses. Not only will this help in ensuring babies and children who are unwell receive the care they need, but it will also help lessen the possibility of the illness spreading to others.
This course will equip learners with a strong understanding of common childhood illnesses, including how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children, how to recognise when a baby or child is unwell, and how to manage acute and chronic health conditions in an early years setting.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses. Anyone who aims to progress on to further qualifications and employment within the health and social care sector, particularly within an early years setting, will benefit from this course, and it is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a Personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments
All of our award-winning, paper-based learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
What you will learn
This course is split into three manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children
- Unit 2: Understand common childhood illnesses
- Unit 3: Understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.