|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
Autism is a condition which presents itself as a wide spectrum of disorders, and is prevalent through the UK. People who have autistic spectrum disorders can be affected differently, with cases ranging from mild to severe.
Throughout this qualification, you will gain an understanding of the spectrum of autistic disorders and how they can affect people in a variety of ways, as well as exploring the importance of using a person-centred approach to provide support. You will also understand how to use appropriate communication skills and positive behaviour to encourage individuals with autistic spectrum conditions to live fulfilling and independent lives.
Who is suitable?
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals to live healthy and fulfilled lives. The course will benefit anyone working, or looking to work, with individuals who have an autistic spectrum condition.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to autism
- Unit 2: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5: Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 6: Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.