|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
Recent statistics show that the number of jobs in adult social care was estimated at 1.63 million, but only 1.5 million people fill these available roles. Demand for adult social care is constantly increasing as people who use the services are living longer, meaning there is a rising need for quality providers of care.
Have you ever considered how you might contribute to the care of vulnerable adults in society? This course prepares you for any role within adult social care, in order to ensure the needs of vulnerable people continue to be met.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is suitable for those who are looking to work in, or widen their knowledge of, the adult social care sector. The course will develop your knowledge of the responsibilities of adult social care workers, the diverse needs of the people using the services, and other important factors such as abuse and safeguarding.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments
What you will learn
This course is split into nine manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Unit 3: Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 5: Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit 6: Understand the role of the social care worker
- Unit 7: Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Unit 8: Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Unit 9: Understand how to handle information in social care settings.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.