|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
Many children tend to display aspects of behaviour that challenges at some point in their lives, but most eventually develop the necessary skills to grow out of this. However, some children (especially those with a learning disability, sensory issues or a mental health condition) may not develop these skills without the appropriate help and support, and therefore may continue to display behaviour that challenges.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges in children, including how such behaviour can be assessed and the avoidance techniques that can help minimise the effects of behaviour that challenges. Learners will look at how different coexisting conditions, such as a learning disability, a mental health condition, sensory issues and autism can impact on behaviour that challenges and how to support those children who experience these complex behaviours.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is aimed at anyone who wishes to develop an in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges in children in order to progress into related employment in education or health and social care settings. Anyone who currently works in the education and health and social care sectors would also benefit from the course, as well as anyone with a personal need for, or interest in, more detailed knowledge of behaviour that challenges in children. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully Online
All of our award-winning, paper-based learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Awareness of behaviour that challenges in children
- Unit 2: Principles of intervention when working with behaviour that challenges in children and young people
- Unit 3: Behaviour that challenges and mental health in children
- Unit 4: Behaviour that challenges and learning disabilities
- Unit 5: Behaviour that challenges, sensory issues and autism
- Unit 6: Legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed