|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
Due to the availability of government funding, this qualification is available at no cost. Funded places are limited and subject to availability so please book early to secure your place on this course.
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability. Owing to the fact that they are likely to find it more difficult
than others to describe their symptoms, a good knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system, as well as an understanding of signs and symptoms of various conditions, is essential for anyone working with individuals with learning disabilities.
As you work through the learning materials you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you support, advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete. Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 certificate in the chosen subject.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Improve your understanding of the term ‘learning disability’
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Understand the importance of safeguarding individuals from abuse
What you will learn
- Unit 1 – Understanding the Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Unit 2 – Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Unit 3 – Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
- Unit 4 – Principles of Positive Risk-Taking for Individuals with Disabilities
- Unit 5 – Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Unit 6 – Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
If you would like to discuss any of our services in more detail, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01983 550784.Last updated 52 mins ago.