|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|Flexible||BY AGREEMENT||Jaroslaw Marczuk|
Due to the availability of government funding, this qualification is available at no cost. Funded places are limited and subject to availability so please book early to secure your place on this course.
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care.
As you work through the learning materials you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you support, advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete. Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 certificate in the chosen subject.
What you will learn
- Unit 1 – Dementia Awareness
- Unit 2 – The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
- Unit 3 – Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia
- Unit 4 – Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Unit 5 – Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred Approach
- Unit 6 – Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia
- Unit 7 – Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the various forms of dementia and the importance of being respectful at all times
- Further your personal and professional development
If you would like to discuss any of our services in more detail, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01983 550784.Last updated 51 mins ago.