|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|7 September 2020||TBC||Heather Finch|
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade 4/C or above normally including Maths and English language; grade 4/C or above in a relevant subject qualification is sometimes required
For progressing students, a minimum of Level 2 course in your chosen subject and English language and Maths at level 2. Progressing students without English or Maths at GCSE grade 4/C will be required to study these as part of their programme of study.
The Isle of Wight College has standard entry requirements for full-time college courses, depending on the level of the course to be studied.
There may be additional entry requirements for a small number of specialist courses. If this course is one of these specialist courses, additional entry requirements will be stated below.
Who Is The Course For?
This course is designed for those dedicated students who wish to develop and learn new skills and obtain the Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage.
What Will I Learn?
The course will include practical Indian Head Massage techniques of the shoulders, arms, head, neck, face and scalp, along with the related theory, including subjects such as:
- Health and safety
- Maintaining and completing client records
- The history of massage
- The effects and benefits of Indian Head Massage
- The principles and procedures for scalp oil massage
- Treatment planning
Anatomy and physiology of subjects such as the skin, skeleton, muscles, respiration and circulatory systems are covered as well as the maintaining of employment standards.
All students are required to:
- Wear a course uniform (Purchased by yourself via the college)
- Wear full black covered shoes
- Have hair fully up and off the face for practical sessions
- Wear no jewellery ( a wedding band can be worn)
- Not have nail extensions or polish – short filed nails essential to carry out treatments
How Will I Learn?
You will learn by practical hands on practice, demonstrations, and by completing assignments and tasks to support your learning. Home study for this course is essential.
As an essential part of learning all students will be expected to receive and complete treatments (unless medically exempt) within the practical session from peers.
What Can This Course Lead To?
- Employment in the Beauty industry
- Self-employed Practitioners
- Team building exercises
- Equality and Diversity
- Salon International- London Excel