|Study type||Study Tier||Start Date||Duration||Course Contact|
|2 September 2019||TBC||Heather Finch|
Students should have the following:
- GCSE English Grade 3 (D) or above (or equivalent)
- Current College students should have completed their main qualification including Functional Skills with attendance above 86%
- 2 hours per week outside of class in which to complete research, assignment and case study work
Who Is The Course For?
This course is designed for those dedicated students who wish to develop and learn new skills and obtain the Level 3 Award in Indian Head Massage.
What Will I Learn?
The course will include practical Indian Head Massage techniques of the shoulders, arms, head, neck, face and scalp, along with the related theory, including subjects such as:
- Health and safety
- Maintaining and completing client records
- The history of massage
- The effects and benefits of Indian Head Massage
- The principles and procedures for scalp oil massage
- Treatment planning
Anatomy and physiology of subjects such as the skin, skeleton, muscles, respiration and circulatory systems are covered as well as the maintaining of employment standards.
How Will I Learn?
You will learn by practical hands on practice, demonstrations, and by completing assignments and tasks to support your learning. Home study for this course is essential.
What Can This Course Lead To?
- Further Holistic Therapy courses full/part time
- Self-employed Practitioners
- Employment with spa/salon/holistic clinic
- Work place massage