|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Southampton||IT||£14,038.00||Tue, 08 January 2019||Sat, 19 January 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for City College Southampton as an ICT Technician Apprentice.
Based in Southampton, this is a brilliant opportunity for someone who would thrive working in a ICT environment. The ICT Support Team is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests.
To provide first and second line support services for all staff and students across all sites. This includes over the phone, through e-mail, remotely, in person (for walk-in customers) with a move towards self-service. To resolve support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Troubleshooting issues with computer systems, including hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems, along with making repairs and corrections as required. Contribute to the development plan and continuing improvement of the services provided by ICT Support.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the supporting of the current mobile devices (including Apple iPAds and mobile phones) using a proprietary Mobile Device Management tool
• Be able to diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows 7 / 10 and Apple MAC’s) and across a wide range of software applications. This includes applying regular vendor specific security patches to software
• Create and delete new users, whilst managing the allocation of user space and reset passwords as appropriate
• To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon, accurately report and document requests using the IT Service Desk
• To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
• Ensure file server storage is used effectively
• Perform installations, imaging, configurations, testing and upgrades to Windows operating systems and software, using standard business and educational packages; modify applications for use in specific departments when appropriate (Windows 7 / 10 Professional, Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013 Professional, Adobe software packages, Multi-Media software, Anti-virus software packages)
• Monitor security of data, including virus detection and updating of virus definitions
• Ensure the full operation of CCTV and access control systems, escalating unresolved problems when required
• Maintain security of all areas and server rooms when working within these areas
• To install and configure new IT equipment to the College standard ready for deployment
• To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware including peripherals
• To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner, whilst maintaining excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
• To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
• Understand personal responsibility to adhere to relevant college policies and procedures as they relate to safeguarding and implement these to ensure vigilance at all times
• Present the college in the best light at all times and ensure that all areas of personal social media activity comply with standards laid down by the college and relevant outside agencies
• Undertake professional development and eLearning training to contribute to individual and College development as agreed through the College Performance Appraisal Scheme process, whilst keeping up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes
• Ensure compliance to the Financial Regulations of the College • Positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and students
• Working within the Health and Safety at Work Act, the post holder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They are also required to undertake Health and Safety training appropriate with the level required by the post and to take part in risk assessment procedures and the implementation of agreed recommended work practices within the area
• Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
NB: There is a certain amount of lifting required in this role in order to relocate / update equipment across all sites
- IT literate
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- To maintain a first class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner, whilst maintaining excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
Understand personal responsibility to adhere to relevant college policies and procedures as they relate to safeguarding and implement these to ensure vigilance at all times
- Present the college in the best light at all times and ensure that all areas of personal social media activity comply with standards laid down by the college and relevant outside agencies
- hard -working
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Level 3 NVQ in ICT
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 24-36 months
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- College attendance will be required if any functional skills need working towards
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training. Time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- Monday to Friday
- 37 Hours per week
- £14,038 Per Year
- This is well above the current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices which is £3.70 per hour
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act. The organisation will also run a DBS check on the successful applicant so please declare any convictions in your application.
You are also required to complete a City College application form to support your application, if this hasn’t been completed we cannot take your application to shortlisting.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 2 mins ago.