|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||IT||£6,796.02 to £13,304.44||Mon, 09 September 2019||Tue, 01 October 2019|
The Isle of Wight College are excited to offer two IT Network Professionals Apprenticeships at Medina College. This will be a fantastic opportunity to work as part of the IT Support Team providing solutions across the College Network. The successful applicants will be helping both students, teachers and support staff to ensure the smooth running of the IT Systems. Medina College have previously supported Apprenticeships and have everything in place to ensure that accurate learning takes place in a kind and friendly environment.
Please attach an up to date CV and a Covering Letter outlining your current skills and interest in this role.
Medina College is part of the Island Innovation Trust which was established to harness the very best education practice within two large secondary schools and a large A Level Sixth- Form centre of almost 500 students, to create a culture of continual improvement with increasingly successful outcomes for young people across the Island.
The Governing Body of Carisbrooke College and Medina College is now seeking to appoint two Apprentice IT Support Technicians. These posts are required to assist the ICT Support and Development Team in the delivery of ICT support and services across the Federation, whilst working towards and appropriate qualification.
The posts will be based at Carisbrooke College or Medina College and VI Campus. Candidates should be prepared to work across various sites.
The Colleges are fast-paced, fun and caring environments in which to work and there are excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
Applying here will be the first part of the process, if shortlisted, you will also be expected to complete a Medina College Application form which will be sent to you from their HR Department.
The successful candidate will be doing/working towards:
- Carrying out hardware repairs on a wide range of PC and peripherals as instructed by the Network Manager
- Being responsible for PC fault finding and carrying out diagnostics
- Maintaining a wide variety of networked printers
- Installing and connecting new and existing hardware, checking its readiness for normal operational use
- Installing new software
- Carrying out acceptance tests in line with agreed procedures and reporting the results to the Network Manager
- Undertaking basic network administration
- Reporting problems or concerns to the appropriate lead
- Attention to detail
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy
- Providing support and assistance to staff and students in the use of a variety of ICT facilities
- Prioritising workload
- Working flexibly between the sites mentioned
37 hours per week Monday – Thurs 8:00am – 4:00pm and Fri 8:00am – 3:30pm
This will be a Fixed term appointment for the duration of the Apprenticeship (up to 24 months)
Intermediate Level 2 Full Framework Apprenticeship in IT Professionals, including QCF Diploma, Functional Skills at Level 1 and Technical Certificate
There will be a requirement for 20% off job training to take place, this can be represented in different ways, either by learning a new skill which has relevance to your role, working on your NVQ in the workplace – time may be given by employer if they wish this to form part of the Apprenticeship, partial attendance at The Isle of Wight College will be required to sit some controlled assessments but the assessor will inform you and the employer of the dates to attend.
- Practical knowledge of computers and systems (Microsoft packages and some experience of PC, MAC and Audio Visual Hardware)
- Practical ability
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- IT skills
- Diagnostic skills
- Ability to fault find
- To work flexibly within a team
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- Adhering to Health & Safety protocols
- To behave appropriately when with students etc.
- Being able to ask for help when it is needed
- Good verbal and written skills
- Provide additional support and any other reasonable tasks as required by the ICT Support and Development Facilities teams
- To follow and support College policies reflecting the College’s commitment to high achievement and effective teaching and learning
- To ensure all duties and responsibilities are discharged in accordance with the College’s Health & Safety at Work Policy
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people you may be responsible for or come into contact with
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Headteacher
Due to the nature of this qualification it is advised that GCSE A* – C (or equivalent) in Maths, English and IT will be required
- A keen interest in IT
- Helpful and kind personality
- Willing to learn
- Willing to be flexible
Important Other Information
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Any personal relationships or friendships with students inside or outside of the work setting will NOT be tolerated and your work conduct and language must be professional at all times.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced CRB check
As this role is for Support to the Island Innovation Federation, holidays will be a set amount of days throughout the year. Annual leave will be 20 days plus public holidays.
Working in a school will be noisy at times and there may be frequent problems which you will be expected to fix in a timely manner.
There will be some routine tasks
Thinking on your feet and being able to respond immediately
Task management as some requests may come in together
This is a role which has annual leave which will need to be booked rather than the school holidays
Please complete all 4 of the attached documents as your applicantion process.Last updated 4 mins ago.