|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Hair and Beauty||£117.00 per week||Wed, 04 September 2019||Fri, 27 September 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Presision Hair salon as an hairdressing apprentice.
Presision Hair are a local, family salon in Newport, offering a range of hairdressing and beauty services. Our hairstylists and beauty therapists have years of experience in this business, and can give you the benefits of that experience in the hair and beauty industry.
This is a really exciting opportunity for a motivated, bubbly and passionate individual with a positive attitude to work towards gaining an Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
There are plenty of development opportunities for the right candidate including technician training and training in their Newport salon.
Duties and tasks will include:
· Meeting and greeting clients
· Answering the telephone
· Booking appointments
· General reception duties
· Customer service
· Training in all aspects of Hairdressing under supervision, including mens cuts
· Washing hair
· Keeping the salon clean and tidy
· Providing refreshments to clients
· Organisational skills
· Telephone skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work in timely manner
· Ability and willingness to learn
· Passionate and dedicated
· Enthusiastic and bubbly personality
· Want to have a career in Hairdressing
· Reliable and responsible
· Well presented
· Passion to develop career in hairdressing
· Polite and tactful
· Grade D or above in GCSE English & Maths (or equivalent)
· Apprenticeship Level 2 in Hairdressing
· Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if needed
· Apprenticeship duration 18 – 24 months
· 30 hrs per week with one day a week based at the college
· £3.90 Per Hour
So, if this sounds like the next, or indeed first step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 27th September 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Last updated 4 mins ago.