|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Wootton||Hair and Beauty||£117.00 per week||Tue, 10 September 2019||Fri, 04 October 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Natural Beauty Salon as a beauty therapist apprentice.
Here at Natural Beauty, we have a wide range of pampering treatments to suit you.
Natural Beauty is located in Wootton Bridge on the beautiful Isle of Wight, which is only a short journey from Newport, Ryde, Fishbourne and East Cowes.
At Natural Beauty we aim to create a friendly and relaxed retreat for your mind, body and soul.
Unwind in the salon with a selection of relaxing beauty and holistic therapies
This is a really exciting opportunity for a motivated, bubbly and passionate individual with an optimistic attitude to work towards gaining an Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy and start their career with our team of Therapists.
Duties and tasks will include:
A clear customer focus and a passion for delivering excellent Customer Service is essential for this role;
· Meeting and greeting customers and taking a keen and genuine interest in customer needs
· Receptionist duties
· Booking appointments
· Completing client consultation forms for customers on each visit
· Using the telephone confidently
· All aspects of Beauty Therapy including: assisting therapists with our full range of spa therapies
· Promote and sell beauty products from our in-house gift shop
· Taking payments – cash and card
· Banking procedures
· Keeping the salon clean and tidy
· Organisational skills
· Telephone skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to work in a timely manner
· Willing to keep the spa spotlessly clean at all times
· Some experience is desirable but not essential
Essential Personal Qualities
· Use of initiative – a can do and will do attitude is essential
· Customer focused at all times
· Maintaining customer confidentiality
· Ability to cope under pressure
· A bubbly, optimistic, enthusiastic and personable personality is essential
· Ability and willingness to learn
· A strong work ethic
· Smart, well-groomed and presentable
· Grade 3 or above in GCSE English & Maths (or equivalent or the ability to gain these skills is essential)
· Beauty Therapy at level 2 or 3
· Functional Skills in Maths, English if needed
· 30 hours per week plus more if needed
· 5 days out of 7 per week (including day release) with Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays being our preference
· Up to 1.5 days a week will be based at the college for the underpinning knowledge and practical input required
· 30 hrs per week with one day a week based at the college
· £3.90 Per Hour
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 4th October 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Last updated 4 mins ago.