|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Engineering||£3.90 per hour||Mon, 02 September 2019||Fri, 20 September 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Pirtek as a Hydraulic Engineering Apprentice.
Based in Newport, Pirtek’s main business sectors are industrial/manufacturing, marine, plant equipment and agricultural. They have two fully equipped mobile service units, operated by their fully qualified engineers, who are trained to the highest standards.
Due to an increasing workload and an exciting expansion of their service contracts, Pirtek are looking to recruit an apprentice hydraulic engineer. The successful candidate will be part of a small but busy team and will work with their existing engineers to gain knowledge and experience with a view to be able to take on their own jobs in the future.
The apprentice will be working towards an engineering qualification. Full on the job training will be provided including Health & safety. City & Guilds courses run by Pirtek will be necessary to complete before the apprentice can work independently, which the organisation will provide. The successful candidate will be 18 years of age or above due to the nature of the role and due to certain restrictions.
· Grade 4/C or above at GCSE (or equivalent level) in English and Maths
Personal, essential qualities
· Positive, can do attitude
· Effective communication skills are essential – both written and verbal
· Customer service skills, including both face to face and on the phone
· Ability to use the phone confidently
· Good, strong work ethic
· Drive to succeed
· Punctuality and timekeeping
· Willing to learn
· A driving licence is essential; Pirtek may consider candidates who are learning to drive
· Engineering Maintenance Level 2 Apprenticeship qualification
· Functional Skills if not already achieved a GCSE C/4 (or above) in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
· There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, this includes time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role
· One day a week at Cecamm
· 40 hours a week
· Monday – Friday – 8am – 5pm
· £3.90 per hour
· Performance related pay incentives
· Company vehicle and IPad will be provided once the apprentice has attained a minimum level of training and experience to attend jobs independently
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified, there may be an opportunity to progress to a full time employment, depending on suitability / need.
So, if this sounds like the next, or indeed first step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*Please note applications without a CV or covering letter will not be considered.
Last updated 1 min ago.