|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Cowes||Engineering||£3.90 per hour||Thu, 01 August 2019||Fri, 23 August 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as an Engineering Apprentice for Northstar Specialist Vehicle Conversions Ltd.
Located in Cowes, Northstar conversions is your one stop shop for all aspects of campervan conversions. They offer a variety of services including flooring, electrical work, carpentry, roof fitment, window fitment and metalwork.
Northstar conversions have a friendly and competent team of engineers, and due to exciting continued expansion, are now looking to recruit a passionate Apprentice to join their friendly workforce and support them with the delivery of their services whilst working towards an Engineering Apprenticeship qualification. The successful apprentice will be learning a variety of electrical skills within a supportive environment.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Basic electrical work with campervan conversions
- Wiring appliances
- Wiring batteries
- Wiring lighting and solar panels
- 240V and 12V work
- Campervan conversion tasks
Personal, Essential Qualities:
- Hands on individual with a can do attitude
- Highly self-motivated
- Reliable, well presented & punctual
- Good communication skills
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English & Maths (or equivalent qualification and/or ability to work towards these Functional Skills)
- Performing Manufacturing Operations Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Electrical aspects will be covered within the apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role will also be counted
- Weekly attendance at either Cecamm or The Isle Of Wight College will be required
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Wednesday – 7am – 5.30pm
- Thursday – 7am – 4.30pm
- £3.90 per hour
The successful candidate will also be entitled to apply for a discounted bus pass if required through The Isle of Wight College.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified, there may be an opportunity to progress to a permanent role within the business, dependent on suitability and opportunity at that time. The aim of the business is to have a competent fitter skilled in every aspect of building a conversion who will be able to complete a project on their own.
So, if this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*Please note: applications without a CV or Cover letter will not be considered.
Last updated 3 mins ago.