|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Freshwater||Customer Service||£146.00||Wed, 14 August 2019||Fri, 30 August 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work at Brookside Health Centre in Freshwater.
This is a unique opportunity for a Trainee Patient Co-Ordinator Apprentice within a local Surgery setting.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Practice Manager, you will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Filing post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Ensure courier takes all documentation and samples at the appropriate time
- Open and distribute incoming mail in an appropriate manner
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgement and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address.
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for monies taken.
- Help dealing with patient’s requests and problems, booking of transport etc. as appropriate.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our friendly team; you must be able to talk to people at all levels. Have an interest in people with a caring attitude.
Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- Be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital
- Follow and implement instructions
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Show a willingness to learn and be trained
- Be able to work independently or under supervision
- Hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Methodical and orderly in your work
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths
- Customer Service Level 2 Standard
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 37.5 hours per week over 5 days
- Working hours 08:00-18:30
- One day per week to be spent at the college
- £146.00 per week
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 30th August 2019 and interviews for successful applicants will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 4 mins ago.