|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Ventnor||Construction and Labour||£148.00 per week||Thu, 07 February 2019||Thu, 28 February 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Yarborough Homes Ltd as a Trainee Bricklayer.
This is a unique opportunity for a Trainee Bricklayer working for an established New Build company. The company typically builds approximately nine new build houses per site for sale before moving onto the next project.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
To work as part of an established team, that will cover all aspects of bricklaying; as well as helping out across all sites as and when required too.
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Previous experience of Bricklaying is advanageous
- Good sense of humour
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- follow and implement instructions
- show a willingness to learn and be trained
- be able to work independently or under supervision
- hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Construction Framework.
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 40 Hours a week over 5 days
- two days per week to be spent at the college
- £148.00 per week
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Thursday 28th February 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 2 mins ago.