|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Construction and Labour||£156.00 per week||Wed, 28 August 2019||Fri, 20 September 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for AD Construction Group as a Carpentry Apprentice.
AD Construction Group Ltd is one of the leading privately owned public sector specialist providers of refurbishment services, based in the London Borough of Bexley, with a geographical coverage across the whole of London, South East and Home Counties.
AD provides planned maintenance, refurbishment and decoration services for our clients via one off contracts, partnering agreements and frameworks.
AD work predominantly as a Public Sector Partner, undertaking a range of building works for both residential property and public buildings.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our friendly team; you must be able to talk to people at all levels.
- Work Alongside existing team members to gain knowledge
- Learn and carry out all aspects of Carpentry
- Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- You will need to have your own transport due to the location.
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- Follow and implement instructions
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Show a willingness to learn and be trained
- Be able to work independently or under supervision
- hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Carpentry Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 24 months + 3 month End Point Assesment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 40 hours a week
- One days per week to be spent at the college
- £156.00 per week
ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO HVE APPLIED WITH A COVERING LETTER AND CV TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
YOU WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND AN INTERVEIW AT COLLEGE FOR THE ROLE AND BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A TASK FOR THIS.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 20th September 2019 .and interviews for successful applicants, which will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 2 mins ago.