|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Ryde||Childcare||£160.00 per week||Wed, 06 February 2019||Thu, 28 February 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work at Chatterbox Childcare as a Childcare Apprentice.
A full time Level 3 apprenticeship is available with Chatterbox Childcare; the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of the team to learn all aspects of being a successful Early Years Practitioner. They will have the opportunity to work will children in all age groups from babies to school age children.
They will experience all aspects of the job role including, child development, EYFS, speech and language, behaviour management, safeguarding and early years education. You will be guided how to care for and support young children in their education, play and social skills. How to track and monitor children to ensure they are meeting their milestones and progressing.
Candidates should have a desire to work with young children and want a career in childcare. If you enjoy working with young children and would like a career in childcare this apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to obtain a recognised qualification, gain valuable experience and earn a wage at the same time.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· To supervise the children where appropriate and protect them from dangerous or harmful situations, as directed by staff
· To meet children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs by providing stimulation and age-appropriate play and learning and development opportunities in the setting.
· To contribute to a high level of care, that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being.
· To ensure that all toys and equipment are suitable, clean and safe at all times.
· To inform parents/ carers how their child’s session progressed, always starting the discussion with a positive comment
· To act as a key person to a small group of children under the supervision of the developmental practitioner if appropriate
· To assist in providing a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas if the children’s development as well as supervising outdoor play in all weathers,
· Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
· To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
· Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
· To carry out assessments (Where appropriate) to children in order to establish that the children’s developments, general health and well-being is being enhanced.
· A desire to work with children
· Punctual and hard working
· Good time keeping and communication skills
· Willingness to learn new skills
· Calm in a busy working environment
· Good team player with a great personality
· A – C in Maths and English, or the ability to gain these/Functional Skills equivalent.
· 40 hours per week
· Monday – Friday
· One day a week at college
· £160.00 per week
· As soon as possible
· Level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce Framework
· Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months
· Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
· There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job and time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified, there may be an opportunity to progress to full time employment, depending on suitability / need
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require
an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DRB) check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders, which have been made against them.
Apprenticeship duration will be 12 – 18 months
If this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity.
Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!Last updated 1 min ago.