|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Sandown||Childcare||£111 per week||Wed, 09 January 2019||Thu, 31 January 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work at Berry Hill Childcare Ltd as a Childcare Apprentice.
Berry Hill Childcare Ltd follow the EYFS as required by Ofsted and take pride in planning activities that children will enjoy, but also being led by the children by letting them decide what they would like to do on the day. To provide care and inclusive play and learning opportunities for all children attending the setting and to maintain a safe, stimulating and enjoyable environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start a career within a caring and professional Childcare setting, and gain a relevant childcare qualification at the same time.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To supervise the children where appropriate and protect them from dangerous or harmful situations, as directed by staff
- To meet children’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs by providing stimulation and age-appropriate play and learning and development opportunities in the setting.
- To contribute to a high level of care, that will enhance the children’s general health and well-being.
- To ensure that all toys and equipment are suitable, clean and safe at all times.
- To inform parents/ carers how their child’s session progressed, always starting the discussion with a positive comment
- To act as a key person to a small group of children under the supervision of the developmental practitioner if appropriate
- To assist in providing a variety of outdoor activities to cover all areas if the children’s development as well as supervising outdoor play in all weathers,
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand
- To carry out assessments (Where appropriate) to children in order to establish that the children’s developments, general health and well-being is being enhanced.
- A desire to work with children
- Punctual and hard working
- Good time keeping and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Good team player with a great personality
A – C in Maths and English, or the ability to gain these/Functional Skills equivalent.
- 30 hours per week
- Monday – Friday
- One day a week at college
- £111 per week
- As soon as possible
- Level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce Framework
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job and time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified, there may be an opportunity to progress to full time employment, depending on suitability / need
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DRB) check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders, which have been made against them.
Apprenticeship duration will be 12 – 18 months
If this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!Last updated 4 mins ago.