|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Yarmouth||Catering, Hospitality & Bar||£140.00 per week||Thu, 26 September 2019||Fri, 18 October 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Chessell Pottery Café as a Front of House team member.
This is a unique opportunity for a Trainee Apprentice Front of House team member.
Only a 10-minute drive from Newport or Freshwater, and right in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Chessell really is a hidden getaway where you can relax with stunning surroundings and great, tasty treats.
Our café is a mix of the old and the new, offering a beautiful, airy, versatile space with plenty of seating both inside and outside in our pretty, sheltered, courtyard garden. With bike racks and boot scrapers, and somewhere to water your dog, we are a perfect pit stop for cyclists and walkers
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
Chessell Pottery Café is a family run business set in a unique environment. We have a healthy community outlook thriving on repeat business. We are looking for a new starter to grow with us developing a vibrant ambiance to our team. You would be primarily front of house promoting a fresh outward persona.
- To work in the café serving customers in the making of speciality coffee and teas.
- The cleaning and maintenance of the café and equipment therein.
- Additional tasks include: Helping to organise specific special events, sporting, weddings, parties etc. Cake making. Social media management.
- Telephone management/ taking bookings.
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Work at weekends
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- follow and implement instructions
- have good literacy and numeracy skills
- show a willingness to learn and be trained
- be able to work independently or under supervision
- hard -working
- A can do attitude and a friendly disposition
- punctual and hard-working
- calm in a busy working environment
- well-presented with good personal hygiene
- a good team member with a great personality and a passion for customer service
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Hospitality Team Member standard
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 35Hours a week over 5 days and will include Weekends
- Working hours are 9:30am-5:30pm
- one day per week to be spent at the college
- This will days off on a rota basis.
- £140 per week
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 18th October 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 2 months ago.