|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Yarmouth||Catering, Hospitality & Bar||£190.00 per week||Thu, 07 February 2019||Thu, 28 February 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for The Bugle Coaching Inn as a Trainee Front of House team member.
This is a unique opportunity for a Trainee Apprentice Front of House team member working within a popular and extremely busy venue in Yarmouth. The Bugle Coaching Inn is a charming 16th century flagship free house inn, situated in the heart of Yarmouth’s Market Square a stone’s throw from the sea, harbour and Wightlink ferry terminal. From the moment, you step into this charming inn its great hospitality, food and cask ales will wow you.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
To assist the Front of House Manager in the delivery of quality customer service to all customers. You will be working as part of a busy and dynamic team that work well under pressure; and within the demands of the business, especially in the height of summer.
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Work at weekends and evenings
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- follow and implement instructions
- have good literacy and numeracy skills
- show a willingness to learn and be trained
- be able to work independently or under supervision
- hard -working
- A can do attitude and a friendly disposition
- punctual and hard-working
- calm in a busy working environment
- well-presented with good personal hygiene
- a good team member with a great personality and a passion for customer service
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Hospitality Team Member standard
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 40 Hours a week over 5 days and will include evenings and Weekends
- one day per week to be spent at the college
- This will involve shift patterns including early starts and late finishes, due to the location you will need to be able to travel to and from the West Wight.
- £190.00 per week
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Thursday 28th February 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Last updated 1 min ago.