|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|St Helens||Catering, Hospitality & Bar||£150-£200||Mon, 16 September 2019||Fri, 11 October 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for The Hungry Bear as a Trainee Chef Apprentice.
This is a unique opportunity for a Chef to develop their skills and join a family business, which has plans to expand.
Hungry Bear is a family run eatery with award winning chef Stuart Downes (The Bear) at the helm. Based at a rustic venue with Solent views, meals are served that will fill you up but are full of quality. Stuart uses his seasoned experience and techniques from high end catering to create mouth-watering wholesome food for any occasion. The Bear consistently innovates fresh seasonal menus across breakfast, brunch & lunch; Open Friday & Saturday Evenings for Dinner and serving our “Famous” freshly cooked Roasts every Sunday. All ingredients are locally and ethically sourced as often as possible and all food is cooked fresh to order.”
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
To assist in our busy kitchen with food preparation, cooking and general kitchen duties.
We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our kitchen team who has a passion for good food, using local produce and a desire to learn and succeed. Good time keeping and communication skills are vital along with understanding the importance of stock control.
- To assist in our busy kitchen with food preparation, cooking and general kitchen duties
- Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- Support the preparation & cooking of food throughout the day
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Work at weekends and evenings
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- follow and implement instructions
- have good literacy and numeracy skills
- show a willingness to learn and be trained
- be able to work independently or under supervision
- hard -working
- A can do attitude and a friendly disposition
- punctual and hard-working
- calm in a busy working environment
- well-presented with good personal hygiene
- a good team member with a great personality and a passion for great food
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Level 2 Chef qualification
- Chef De Partie Level 3
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 30-40 Hours a week over 5 days and will include evenings and Weekends
- one day per week to be spent at the college
- This will involve shift patterns including early starts and late finishes.
- £150.00-£200.00 per week
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 11th October 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Last updated 2 months ago.