|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Ventnor||Catering, Hospitality & Bar||£120-£160 per week||Tue, 11 June 2019||Fri, 05 July 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for The Hambrough Ventnor as an Apprentice Chef.
Overlooking Ventnor’s stunning coastline The Hambrough offers 5 AA Gold Star luxury boutique accommodation by the sea on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. All but one of our seven spacious bedrooms has magnificent views of the sea and award winning breakfasts are created using delicious locally sourced food
Working within a small Bed & Breakfast with a Popular Restaurant. You will be able to learn to prepare food and have basic cooking skills learning many tasks from preparation to the finished product to running the pass and even washing up offering superb opportunity for the right person to progress substantially with exceptional guidance and training from Ashley Randle.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our kitchen team who has a passion for good food, using local produce and a desire to learn and succeed. Good time keeping and communication skills are vital along with understanding the importance of stock control.
To assist in our busy kitchen with food preparation, cooking and general kitchen duties
- Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- Support the preparation & cooking of food throughout the day
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- Be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Work at weekends and evenings
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- Follow and implement instructions
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Show a willingness to learn and be trained
- Be able to work independently or under supervision
- Have the ability to record off-the-job training
- Be proactive and forward thinking
- Hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Methodical and orderly in your work
- Well-presented with good personal hygiene
- A good team member with a great personality and a passion for great food
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Commis Chef Standard Level 2
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 30-40 Hours a week over 5 days and will include evenings and Weekends
- One day per week to be spent at the college
- £120-£160 per week
EMPLOYER QUESTION 1
Why do you want a career in Hospitality?
EMPLOYER QUESTION 2
What quality points do you have and why are you suitable for this position?
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO ANSWER BOTH THE EMPLOYER QUESTIONS ALSO.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 5th July 2019 and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Last updated 5 mins ago.